What is our role?
- We supervise the market and guide traders in the sharing economy to ensure that the rights of consumers are protected.
- We take up individual cases with the traders when required.
- We examine whether any aspects of the sharing economy can be solved with existing consumer legislation.
- We contribute to international discussions on issues concerning the sharing economy, and contribute to a common enforcement of the law.
- We gladly accept questions concerning your services.
Important to know
If you sell products or services to consumers, you must follow the rules in the Marketing Control Act. Both those who are in charge of the sharing platform itself and those who sell goods and services or offer products for rent can be defined as traders, and are responsible for following the law.
Make sure the following are in place:
- A good and accurate description of the product or service in all marketing
- Correct and complete price information
- Good mechanisms for entering a contract
- Safe payment solutions
- Contracts that are in compliance with consumer legislation
- Contracts that clearly state consumer rights
- Necessary contact information
- Good customer service
Do you sell goods or services? Our guidelines on price marketing tell you how you can prevent consumers from being misled.
Marketing in social media
Do you promote your services or goods in social media? The Norwegian Consumer Authority has made guidelines for labelling advertisements in social media. We have also participated in drafting a Nordic position on convert marketing.